WHY- 7 Layers Deep

When we need to find motivation for change
We Start by Digging Deep Into Our WHY


We all have struggles in reaching our goals, but without knowing WHY we have them it’s easy to slip and get off track.
This exercise is called “LOOKING 7 LEVELS DEEP” and here’s what you do:
  1. Write down the #1 reason why you have this goal ___________________________
  2. Then LOOK ANOTHER LEVEL DEEPER and ask yourself why that #1 reason is important to you?
  3. Then go even 5 more levels deep until you’ve asked yourself WHY to your previous answer 7 Levels deep.
  4. Once you have THE FINAL 7th level WHY, please share it with me so I can keep you accountable.
Here is an example of how to go 7 levels deep:
  1. I want to lose 10 lbs
  2. I want to lose 10 lbs because I feel unhealthy
  3. I don’t want to feel unhealthy because I’d like to have more energy for my partner & job.
  4. I’d like to have more energy for my partner and job because I’m missing out on spending quality time with him/her and I’m not performing great at work because I’m struggling through the day.
  5. It’s important for me to spend quality time with my partner because I want to have a better relationship with him/her and be an example to my kids one day. I’d also like to do better at work so that I can have a better income to support the life I want to have.
  6. I want to have a better relationship with my partner because once we start a family I know life will be hectic & it will be hard to connect with him/her in the same way. Getting a raise would allow us to go on vacation together & experience new things together.
  7. I want to connect and take vacations with my partner so that we can establish lifelong memories and he/she will always know how much I care about them and love them.
My final WHY would be: I want to connect & take vacations with my partner so that we can establish lifelong memories & he/she will always know how much I care about them & love them.


Please share with me your 7th Level WHY so I can help keep you accountable. Your WHY may be different for each goal, but hopefully it helps you find your motivation for change.
Please share your WHY with the people that are close to you. There is power in teams and the people you surround yourself with can support and care for you to create a life where you THRIVE!


AUTHOR:


Amanda Fontaine is considered the Chief FUN Officer of Personal Training and Health/Fitness. She's a Personal Trainer at Empower and Founder of Thrive Alive. She specializes in creating FUN, creative yet challenging workouts for her clients and promoting a lifestyle of play for adults.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FUN Partner Workout

How to Achieve Work/Life Balance

The THRIVE Formula